3. Swap saturated with unsaturated fat
Fats are important for the body’s good health and proper functioning. Too much can however have a negative impact on our weight and cardiovascular health. Various types of fats have different health effects and some of these tips could help us to maintain the right balance:
- The consumption of total and saturated fats we should limit and fully avoid trans fats; label reading helps to identify sources.
- Eating fish 2- 3 times a week will contribute to our right intake of unsaturated fats with at least one serving of fatty fish.
- When cooking, instead of frying, we should boil, steam or bake the fatty portion of the meat and use vegetable oils.
4. Enjoy plenty of vegetables and fruits
Fruits and vegetables are among the most important foods to provide us with enough vitamins, minerals and fibres. We should try eating at least five portions a day. For example, a glass of fresh fruit juice at breakfast, an apple and a piece of watermelon for snacks and a good proportion of different vegetables at each meal.
Open Next Page To See More