There is nothing tastier than homemade. Of course, healthier too. You can’t get all the benefits from the pickles you get from the store. The best way is to make them at home. The best part, you can make in bulk, save money and always have pickles ready for a snack, salad or as a side dish.
Servings: 3 quarts
24 small Cucumber for pickling
6 garlic cloves, the ends removed and smashed
2 1.2 tbsp. Spice for Picking (mustard seeds, allspice, pepper, coriander,
6 Bay leaves
6 tbsp. Sea salt
- Prepare 2 mason jars, every 3 quarts.
- Remove the flower ends and clean the cucumber
- Stick pickling cucumbers in the bottom of the jars, as many as you can.
- Divide the spice evenly between the mason jars.
- Add 2 bay leaves and 2 cloves of garlic in each jar.
- Add dill and add the remaining cucumber. Just make sure it doesn’t touch the lid when closing. It should be at list 1” space between.
- Now heat 1-quart water mixed with 6 tablespoons of salt. Remove from stove and divide between jars.
- Now add more water in the jars until it covers the pickles.
- Close the jars with a lid and shake them to mix the ingredients.
- Place the mason jars in a dark cool place for about 2 weeks. Just makes sure not to forget to burp the jars after the 7th day.