I remember when my mom made this and I just couldn’t wait to eat. Because of the mix of few veggies, it has a very delicious and interesting taste.
Now I makeit, it is easy and simple, I am happy to share the recipe with you all.
Prep: 30 min
Servings: 1 Jar
1 Cabbage lead, large (set aside)
1 Cabbage head, shredded
1 lemon, peeled and sliced
1 bunch Kale, chopped
2-3 carrots, shredded
¼ cup of starter culture, prepare it according to the package directions
1 garlic clove (optional)
- In a large bowl toss the veggies with the starter culture and lemon slices.
- Mix with your hands and make sure that the veggies are well combined.
- Layer the veggies in a jar. Pound and press down after adding each layer.
- The veggies have to be thoroughly packed and the brine liquid is over them.
- Place the cabbage leaf on top and press down with a fist. Close the jar.
- Let the veggies ferment 5-6 days on room temperature and then store them in the fridge.